Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Here's Voices

My contributor copy for Voices just arrived (hurrah!). It's on general release at the end of the month, although I understand convention-goers in the UK and those lucky enough to make it to Conflux in Canberra earlier this month have had sneaky previews. I'll be reading it as soon as I'm done with a book about Beijing.

Parallel to that, I completed the first draft of another submission for Morrigan today. It still needs a good scrub-up (the dialogue could have been written by my five-year-old son), but considering I was looking at not finishing it at all when the housing crisis was at its height I'm pretty damn pleased to have got this far.

And further to the housing issues, yesterday saw - for the second time in two houses - our sewage system backing up and volcanoing excrement all over the garden. The plumber, who proved the strength of his stomach while clearing the blockage, told me it's not an uncommon problem in houses around here.

'Really?' I responded. It didn't seem right to say 'No shit'.

3 Comments:

Blogger Peter Pan said...

Oh shit! That crap! And other such mindless excrement gags.

8:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope you do sort that story out as I loved the synopsis, really was my cup of tea.

Simon did such a great job of reading 'Just Us' at Fantasy Con too!

4:50 AM  
Blogger Pete Kempshall said...

It's done! I'll shoot you a copy over, in case you fancy something to read while you wait for baby ...

He did? First I've heard about it!

7:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home