Sunday, November 05, 2006

Occupational Hazard

No posts for a couple of days because life has suddenly moved into crisis mode. On Friday my wife lost her job - the very one that I quit my job for and that the whole family moved from Sydney for her to take. Since I've been, to all intents and purposes, full-time dadding it since arriving in Perth, it's put us in a lot of trouble.

It doesn't help that the circumstances of her departure were exceedingly dubious - can't go into too many details but there's going to be a call to the relevant workplace tribunal tomorrow - heaping damage to her self-esteem on top of the financial pressure. If there's to be any kind of silver lining it's that having my wife around the house will free up vast amounts of time for me to write. Made a few calls on Friday evening to my magazine contacts in Sydney to cash in some offers of work that I wouldn't have been able to even think about until my daughter started school in January. Suddenly I've got all the time in the world to take them on.

And if anyone out there knows of any writing gigs I can take without having to move back east, you know where to find me ...

1 Comments:

Blogger Roo Green said...

I am so sorry to hear that lovely. Ring me if you need a chat. Love you lots x

4:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home