Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Profit Means Loss

Right, back now (but only for a little while).

All creative writing projects (yes, that includes this blog) have been put on hold for a little while after a sudden and quite unexpected glut of bottom-line work. It seems that after weeks of occupation desolation every one and their mag suddenly needs the assistance of a jobbing west-coast writer. Can't complain - it'll fund that replacement DVD player - but it does mean that there'll be no progress on the 'fun stuff' for a while.

This week I'm filling in for the news editor on one of the national gossip and entertainment mags that my wife devours each and every week. That means - to her annoyance - that I know exactly what's going to be in it a week before she does. Still, the other day she spent an hour going through pictures of strippers for her job, so at least there's an element of balance ...

4 Comments:

Blogger Roo Green said...

Brilliant news, I miss it when you can't blog - but this is such a great reason, I'm thrilled for you xx

5:08 AM  
Blogger Roo Green said...

PS Are any of the strippers single?

5:09 AM  
Blogger Pete Kempshall said...

Now either you've missed the point or there's something you want to tell me ...

5:33 PM  
Blogger Roo Green said...

Arf. Immediately thought of male strippers - I'm not sure what that says about me...

7:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home