Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Script Doctoring

Took the day off from plunging and scribbling yesterday to celebrate reaching the point where I officially became nearer 40 than 30. Bloated from home-made cake this morning, but ready to get back to business.

Biggest leap forward of the last couple of days has been completing an outline for an audio play. It's my first go at something like this - an unsolicited story to be used as a spec script for Big Finish's Doctor Who range - and it's been an eye-opener. It's taken a couple of weeks of plugging gaps in the plot and diligently removing all the bits that don't work if you can't actually see them (you'd be surprised how many slip through) but now I'm ready to start work on the script itself.

So far two things have put stupid grins on my face:
  • Realising that all the work on the set-ups in the first half of the plot had paid off when the outline for the ending virtually wrote itself. I love it when that happens.
  • Typing the words 'Interior TARDIS' for the first time. You'll have read any number of interviews with writers for Doctor Who on TV who've mentioned getting a tingle from that. They're absolutely right.

Quick thanks again to my Mysterious Benefactor for sundry tips on how to get this moving - always good to have pointers when learning a new discipline!

4 Comments:

Blogger Peter Pan said...

So it was your birthday and nobody told me??????? *looks at Rach*
And nearer 40 than 30 ..... see, I can make that either 35 (congratulations) or 36 (commiserations, but come June 11, that will be me too)
Either way, hope it was a good day for you!

5:56 PM  
Blogger Pete Kempshall said...

Thanks - and that would be 35!

6:04 PM  
Blogger Roo Green said...

OK, I hold my hands up. I forgot Pete's birthday. This is what happens when you finally get broadband and a laptop in a week - you are so full of ebay and youtube, your brain goes to mush. Happy Birthday lovely, sending a hug through cyberspace. Pete never forgets my B'day as he had the good sense to get hitched on that day!! xx

8:52 PM  
Blogger Roo Green said...

PS The first home computer in over a year means the blog will be back v soon. xx PPS Sorry again for forgetting Pete xx

8:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home