Friday, January 16, 2009

42

Not the answer to the ultimate question, rather today's temperature in Perth. The ground outside is hot enough to take a layer of skin of your feet, the wind scorches your eyeballs and the parkland five minutes up the road is on fire for the second time in a month.

But I got some tea, so all's well.

As to that, Addster has challenged me to find an acceptable tea-bag by the end of 2009. While the mere thought flies in the face of all I hold sacred what the hell, I'll give it a go. That's a lot of possible tea bags to get through, though, so any Strayan readers who have recommendations, drop me a line. When I have a decent-sized list I'll try some out.

3 Comments:

Blogger DAVID BISHOP said...

Became somewhat addicted to tea after moving to Scotland. I heartily recommend Brodie's Famous Edinburgh blend [available loose or in teabags], a blend of Ceylon and Assam tealeaves apparently. I suspect you'd need to import that to 'straylee-huh.

5:28 PM  
Blogger Addster said...

For a strong flavour - Twinings Russian Caravan. And you should be able to get it in a mini-pack in case ya don't like it.

5:52 PM  
Blogger Pete Kempshall said...

Thanks, chaps. We've just found a shop that imports from the UK (Toffee Crisps and Walkers' Cheese and Onion ... hmmmmm) so I'll try there for the Brodie's. And if the winner was to be decided on name alone, Twinings Russian Caravan would take some beating!

3:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home