Monday, July 05, 2010

Ditmar Voting

So I've been looking into this Ditmar Award business and it seems that if you're "active in fandom" you're eligible to vote. If that sounds a little non-specific, anyone who's a paid-up member of the Australian Horror Writers Association is able to vote, so I assume that therefore means anyone who's a member of any similar organisations is also OK. Those who have attended conventions are also good to go. If anyone's in any doubt, there's a spot on the voting form where you can explain your eligibility, and then it's up to the board.

As you may remember, Shane Jiraiya Cummings - and latterly my co-editor Amanda Pillar - suggested me for Best New Talent, but apparently I can also be entered into Best Short Story (for Rights of Passage in Grants Pass and Just Us in Voices). The Grants Pass anthology is also good for Best Collected Work.

If you think you're eligible to vote and you'd like to check out the stories, shoot me your email address - the lovely people at Morrigan Books have OK'd free electronic copies of Grants Pass to Ditmar voters prior to the close of voting on July 23.

This concludes today's self-promotion activity (hey if I don't do it, who will?).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home