Monday, January 29, 2007

Forget Working: Check Out the Birds

Today's the first time in three days that the temperature's not been absoultely ludicrous, making it the first time I've been able to sit in my unventilated office for longer than five minutes without melting into an puddle of undiluted annoyance.

It's been impossible to work, the heat conferring a lethargic apathy not even the promise of a much-needed pay cheque could penetrate. That may be the reason why no one's made any attempt to get back to me about the magazine story I submitted last week, even though it's supposed to tie in with a radio piece due for broadcast in the next few days. Of course, it may be that there's simply nothing wrong with the copy, and that they can't bear to change a word of my flawless prose, but somehow I don't think so.

So with nothing else on for today I've forged ahead with an off-the-books project, aided by an extremely helpful email from a Mysterious Benefactor.

[I'm only referring to him as a Mysterious Benefactor because I know he's reading this *waggles fingers* and I know how much he loves Secret Identities on blogs.]

Oh, and there's been a new addition to our family:




Meet Flappy, who alighted in our garden at the start of the Big Heat and was swiftly adopted by my wife and children. Now, despite the subsidence in temperature and his bearing no sign of injury, he's around for the foreseeable future.


Well, if you had people constantly bringing you drinks and strawberries to eat, you'd stick around too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home