Tuesday, July 24, 2007

My Gold Mine

For a few years now I've taken part in a Fantasy Football league with some of my UK correspondents, with varying degrees of success. There are all kinds of fantasy leagues you can get involved with, and I'm a sucker for logging on to see how I'm doing against my mates.

Well a new league caught my eye today while I was looking something up on the IMDb: Fantasy Moguls.

The idea for this one is simple - you have a fantasy film studio and you 'acquire' films for your slate, each game period running for three months. Then you wait and see how the film you chose performs at the US box office. He who finishes with the most points wins.

The next season kicks off early August. Thing is, I don't much enjoy playing against strangers ... So knowing that more than a couple of my regulars here at the Tyranny like to think they know a bit about film, I thought it might be fun to give this a go, if enough people were interested.

If you're a regular reader (one of the ones who has my email address ...) and you fancy taking part, drop me a line. If I get enough replies I'll start a private league on the site.

Off you go then.

4 Comments:

Blogger Mark Deniz said...

I'm in... just let me know when and where and I'll amaze you with my film expertise!

5:45 PM  
Blogger Mark Deniz said...

I suspect Greg would be up for it too!

5:46 PM  
Blogger Pete Kempshall said...

Up to five interested parties now (counting me). Could really use one or two more ...

9:55 PM  
Blogger Roo Green said...

Love I'd join, but we know my movie collection has both Dirty Dancing and Sweet Home Alabama in there. Admittedly I also like Anchorman and James Bond (I think they just abut rescue me from movie hell) - but I think we both know - I know NOTHING about movies.

8:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home