Thursday, July 05, 2007

Sub Standard Work

I've spent many a year sub-editing on magazines, and a large number of my friends here in Australia are either currently subs or have been in the past. All of us know only too well that a momentary slip in concentration can have the most dire of consequences - it would therefore be wrong for any of us to take pleasure in the misfortunes of our brethren.

That's why none of us - none of us - will be laughing at this story, printed yesterday in a local newspaper in the UK:


Oh, all right. I may have had a quick howl of amusement.

Many thanks to my brother for emailing me the clipping of the story, and deepest condolences to his acquaintance, who'll even now be carrying the can for it ...

4 Comments:

Blogger Mark Deniz said...

Isn't this the way, that there is always high demand for cock climbing... well isn't there?

2:06 AM  
Blogger Pete Kempshall said...

This is where Paul's supposed to chip in, isn't it?

1:15 PM  
Blogger DAVID BISHOP said...

That'll certainly bring a new meaning to my favourite line from The Adventures of Priscilla, Queen of the Desert...

"That's just what Australia needs now; a cock in a frock on a rock."

1:22 PM  
Blogger Peter Pan said...

The idea that its first come first served that gets to go cock climbing is what amuses me .....

4:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home