Friday, June 29, 2007

Outgoing, Incoming

As of this morning my story pitches are complete and have been dispatched for an editorial thumping.

Seems like forever since I started working on them, but the final two outlines that I've submitted are (I hope!) reasonably strong. Should know how I did in a month or so (after which time I may even be allowed to tell you what I've been pitching for). In the meantime, thanks again to my readers for pointing out the gaping holes in my logic - and there were a few!

Now I've got a bit of free time on my hands, it's on to other things. For a start there's that script, languishing in a dust-covered corner of my hard drive, whimpering faintly to be released. There's a big change that needs making on the story as it stands, and I'm quite keen to see how it turns out. That's my big, post-weekend project right there.

My '52 Books in 52 Weeks' challenge, meanwhile, has bitten the dust, largely because of the size of books I've been wanting to read. Knowing I can get through a finite number of pages a week, I found myself deliberately picking books of a certain length. In the end I just couldn't put up with being forced to ignore longer works for the sake of keeping a schedule.

So I'm now happily working through Michael Palin's Diaries 1969-1979 - The Python Years, a whale-choker of a tome I wouldn't otherwise have been able to tackle. I've got the horrible feeling I'll be sidelining it, however, with the imminent release of the final Harry Potter book. It's one of those novels you have to read in the first week of release or risk being spoilered everywhere you look - but that means a prior re-read of Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince, about which I can remember precisely nothing.

And then there's the imminent conclusion of the new series of Doctor Who to watch. 'Strayan viewers got their first taste of series three last night with the (extremely late-running) Christmas special The Runaway Bride. The series proper starts tomorrow, but thanks to my UK supplier I'm rapidly approaching the season finale.

Which is handy, because my wife loves John Simm.

5 Comments:

Blogger Roo Green said...

Please point out to your good lady wife that she joins the queue for Simm after me!! Love to all xx

4:09 PM  
Blogger Peter Pan said...

I recently re read all of teh Potters to refresh and look for clues ... none the wiser but still saying Ron wont survive to the end.....

6:43 PM  
Blogger reality chick said...

I have two tkts to Potter 3 this weekend. Dammit we could be eating popcorn together and moaning about working on a sunday!!! RC

7:53 AM  
Blogger Pete Kempshall said...

You've been done then, my girl. You'll be needing tickets to Harry Potter Five ...

I can still eat popcorn and moan, though about working on Sundays, though.

11:02 AM  
Blogger Pete Kempshall said...

I can also say 'though' a lot.

11:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home