Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Top Gear

Took another step closer to 40 today, and celebrated by taking the day off work - a concession that actually meant something because both kids were in school at the same time. That's not happened for months.

Birthdays are a bit more fun with the littlies, though - I let them unwrap my presents this morning because they love doing it so much. Amongst the gifts from relatives here and in the UK (thanks, everyone) were DVDs, some rather good books, alcohol and a shirt. There was also a CD of big-haired rock from my wife - it's by a band I'd not heard since my teens, then one of their tunes turned up in a TV show we were watching a few months ago. Not going to say who the band are, but the album title has a year in it ... and if you can guess it from that you're as tragic as I am.

Special noodles for lunch with my good lady, and there's cake and candles still to come - another birthday tradition that's better for its mesmeric effect on children. And then tomorrow it's back to work. That draft's not going to write itself ...

5 Comments:

Blogger Addster said...

Is the band Van Halen, of "1984" fame? :-)

6:56 PM  
Blogger Pete Kempshall said...

Nope, but it's not a bad guess!

6:59 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

"2112" by Rush, for you are going to apply for a job as the man who sues Ben Elton over the plot to We Will Rock You?

9:15 PM  
Blogger Pete Kempshall said...

Alas not.

We do have a winner, meanwhile - my brother got it on his second try. Non-prize winging its way to him now.

(Although I'll give bonus points if - after all is revealed - you can guess the TV show that brought the album to mind. Hint: it's a comedy).

9:25 PM  
Blogger Peter Pan said...

I only really hung out woth rock people .. I was borderline goth myself. But big hair sounds like Bon Jovi or Europe to me......

2:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home