Saturday, March 08, 2008

They Can't All Be Winners

Editor-bod Mark dropped me a line last night to say Signature Walk didn't make the final cut for the anthology. He was nice enough to elaborate on the decision, however, saying that it only missed out by the narrowest of margins. That's always good to know - at least the piece was reasonably strong. The simple fact is that there were 13 submissions that were stronger.

Still, it's never wasted effort - at the end of the day I've got a decent story (one that I can strip for parts later if I need to. Heh heh heh). Plus it keeps the writing muscles limber for the next project, the deadline for which is actually galloping closer all the time I'm doing this.

So I'm stopping now.

3 Comments:

Blogger Peter Pan said...

Or run a ctrl F and 'change all' on it with a few names and places and tout it elsewhere!
Thats what I do with ad scripts....

10:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

And it is a damn fine story, which is why I still want you in my sekrit project for next year!

*grins*

5:49 PM  
Blogger Pete Kempshall said...

Ah, now you see I wasn't going to mention that because its ... um, secret.

9:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home