Wednesday, May 07, 2008

Time Out

With no immediately pressing deadlines, I've been ferretting about for the last week on those little jobs I tend to forget about when I'm writing (or plotholing a synopsis). A week of catching up on my reading, wasting time on Facebook and the like doesn't make for very exciting blog material, however, so here's a quick run-down of things going on outside my control.

The bods at the Beeb have approved the stories for the Transmissions anthology, which means I don't need to make any last-minute changes before it goes to press. Hurrah! (I was a little worried by my opening scene, which involves a misleading incident with a knife ...)

Meanwhile a decision is imminent on another story I've worked on - news on whether that's made it into the anthology concerned as soon as I get it.

I've also become the biological equivalent of an EMP - anything I've interacted with in the last week that has a microchip in it has died horribly. Amongst the casualties have been my cable TV receiver (no Playhouse Disney for the littlies, no Premier League for me until the repair guy gets here ... in another week) and my internet connection, which dropped to slower-than-dial-up speed for a day or so.

(Amusingly I was moaning about this in an IM conversation with Mark Deniz when his connection decided to cark it too ...)

And that's really about it - domestic mundanity abounds. Back soon with something more entertaining.

[Oh, and a quick shout out to the ludicrously talented Mish in Melbourne, who helped me out with a problem earlier this week and confessed to being a regular here. *Waggles fingers* Hello!]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home