Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Conclusive Proofs

Got lots accomplished in the last day or so, including a reasonably successful first pass at a synopsis for a new horror story - although the second I printed it out a new angle occurred to me, so there's still a fair bit of work to be done.

Also made a start on reading the proofs for story that's out later this year. It's in an as-yet-unannounced collection, so I'm not allowed to say more than that at the minute. I'm sure the release date will be revealed imminently, however, if only because details of the volume that follows it are already on the 'Net.

Reading proofs tends to mark the end of a writer's involvement with a story (unless higher powers demand that significant changes be made further down the line). It can also give you the very strange feeling of not recognising your own work. In this case it's been four months since I wrote the story, and I haven't clapped eyes on it once in the interim. Seeing it again now, there were whole scenes I don't remember writing.

You'll know them when you see them - they'll be the good ones.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home