Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Begin Transmissions


Well, it's been a long time coming, but Big Finish have at last announced their upcoming Short Trips collection Transmissions. Which is nice, because I have a story in it and now I can talk about it here without being all cryptic.
The collection is available at the end of July, and the yarn in question is called simply Link. The book also features stories by new-series and Torchwood writer James Moran, fan favourites like Mags Halliday, Andy Lane and Dan Abnett, and of course fellow Australia-based scribes Ian Mond and Dave Hoskin. Honestly, how can you not buy it?
I should also give a shout-out to the editor, Richard Salter, who was not only good enough to ask me to pitch for this one, but who also gave me my start in the Myth Makers fiction collections a couple of years ago. That job led directly to bigger things, so yes, you can safely say that much of what I've written since is his fault ...

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well I think seeing as you and Mondy are in it and Richard's edited it, I'll have to get a copy won't I?

2:49 PM  
Blogger Peter Pan said...

So can I officially refer to you now as 'my mate Pete the Doctor Who writer'?

7:15 PM  
Blogger Pete Kempshall said...

If you like! Now I've done two stories for the range it's a little more justified, I suppose.

And yes, Mark, you will have to get a copy. Keep the writers sweet ;)

7:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes the blame is all mine. When I found Pete he was living under a sheet of newspaper on the streets of Perth, nibbling on an old shoe and blurting out something about the munchkins coming for him.

Glad I rescued him because I love Link. It's very evocative of its era and fits the theme perfectly. It's not a bad story either :)

11:36 PM  
Blogger Pete Kempshall said...

Cheers, mate - evoking the era meant watching things like The Monster of Peladon again, so I'm glad the pain paid off ...

And the munchkins are still coming to get me. They actually live in my house now.

11:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home