Thursday, February 08, 2007

Judge Dread

I've worked in the magazine industry for nearly 12 years.

Just needed to mention that.

My wife's new job is in the magazine industry. She's been doing it for four days.

Among her duties she has a certain amount of fashion pages to oversee, and that's had a knock-on effect about which she's a little concerned. Nervous, even.

Tomorrow night she has to judge a bikini contest. After four days at the magazine.

I've worked in the magazine industry for nearly 12 years.

Just needed to mention that.

7 Comments:

Blogger Roo Green said...

I am SO pleased C has such an amazing sounding job! Brilliant stuff. x

5:31 PM  
Blogger Peter Pan said...

Dude, if you want to be bikini oggling, its never gonna happen while you stay with us in glorious geek fandom ...... you need to broaden your horizons....

7:02 PM  
Blogger Pete Kempshall said...

If years of working for a women's magazine - complete with fashion pages that required models to swan through the office at regular intervals - still didn't get me a bikini judging gig, how broad do my horizons have to get?

Anyway, can't stay on here all night, got to catalogue my Big Finish CDs.

7:13 PM  
Blogger reality chick said...

hmm, perhaps they suspected your pervy tendancies would prevent you from judging fairly?
Why don't you ditch the kids and go along as the clipboard-carrying man-bag - with tissues for the drool, of course.

10:14 PM  
Blogger Pete Kempshall said...

Well, if it wasn't for the kids I would have! I was offered the role of man-bag, presumably because I'm leathery and full of useless crap.

10:21 PM  
Blogger reality chick said...

Well, at least you've got an excuse to carry hairbrushes and toenail trimmers and... fake tan sprays... and make-up... baby oil... uh... what else do bikini models require???

10:26 PM  
Blogger Pete Kempshall said...

Answers on a postcard to the usual address.

Best entry gets to go along to the next round of the competition while I read Scaredy Squirrel and Goldie the Sunshine Fairy to the littlies.

10:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home