Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Hard Tax

Things have got back to something approaching normal now - illnesses banished, machines repaired (or at least semi-functional) and stress levels receded. Thanks to everyone who posted or emailed - meltdown averted!

So it's back to school for the kids and back to work for me, although once again my scripting has been back-burnered for more mundane duties ... this time it's tax.

The good thing about being a freelance writer is that virtually everything you care to name can be claimed back as a tax deduction, provided you keep the receipts. The bad thing is that you have to keep the receipts. Sitting down to process everything for the quarterly statement demanded by the government, I've been faced with enough paper to choke a whale, all of it needing to be sorted and reported.

So my sympathies to those freelance Tyranny readers doing exactly the same thing this week. I feel your pain.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home