Monday, April 09, 2007

Board Stupid

Well, it's Monday and I've survived the Easter binge - which is more than can be said for my bloated, sugar-rushing children.

Writing-wise I've had a couple of emails with news about some things I've written, one already published, one still pending. I don't have all the facts about either piece of news yet, but I'll post something as soon as I do.

Otherwise it's been free time all the way, although the cool weather has meant I've not been able to get the littlies outside much to wear them out. That said, it was pleasantly hot on Good Friday, so we did all get to the beach for a while - and yes, it is still weird doing things like Easter in board shorts ...

Speaking of boards, the kids got a body board each for Christmas, and they got dusted off for the trip. Unfortunately they weren't interested in surfing, just sandcastles. Well, we couldn't cart the gear all the way to the sea and not use it, could we ...? So while the children dug holes, my wife and I rode waves. It's not something I do very often, and so here are some top tips I picked up for next time:
  • Remember to take your hat off first or you'll lose it (duh).
  • Don't take the dog to the beach if you intend to body board. She'll wait in the shallows then swim at you enthusiastically as you rush towards the shore. This hurts.
  • It's impossible to look cool when you've got a big picture of The Little Mermaid on your board.
Don't say you don't learn anything from this blog.

2 Comments:

Blogger Roo Green said...

So to recap: Little Mermaid body board and Hello Kitty DVD player. Your daughter has THE best toys in town, can you adopt me?

2:28 AM  
Blogger Peter Pan said...

Look at your stuff! Isnt it neat! It sounds to me your collections complete.
I am guessing you spent a lot of time under the sea, fathoms below with les poissons?

I'll stop now.

8:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home