Thursday, March 20, 2008

Distractions

If you've chanced to glimpse me over the last couple of days, it will have looked like I've taken my hands right off the wheel, workwise.

Don't get me wrong, I've been busy. I've got lots of reading done (I'm loving Ten-Second Staircase by Christopher Fowler - why more people don't read him is an utter mystery - Mark Millar's Kick-Ass and the second volume of Ed Brubaker's Criminal), dug my office out from under three months of scrunched up drafts and newspapers, reconnected with the joys of The Shield (Season Five) and watched No Country for Old Men in a single, uninterrupted sitting. That's how good it is.

But it's not really writing, is it?

Well, yes and no. While all this other stuff's been going on at the front of my brain, a few story-related things have shaken loose at the back, notably something about bellboys, something about catering and something about x-rays. Hmmm.

Of course, I could just be trying to justify having a lazy couple of days. You'll just never know ...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home